6 August 2021

Service Recovery

Just before our most recent Covid lockdown (they're not calling it a lockdown, but really, it IS) we went for dinner at one of our favourite places which serves a great warm avocado spinach salad. 

The only problem was they had run out of spinach, didn't tell us, and then brought a horrid mesclun salad instead. I. Don't. Do. Mesclun. Mainly because I don't do rocket / arugula. Or endives. 

I was annoyed because the "spinach" is named in the salad. I mean, if you run out of the thing that the menu NAMES, TELL THE CUSTOMER for fuck's sake. 

In the end I had to ask them to substitute with cucumbers and romaine. It was just barely tolerable. 

Our chicken cordon bleu looked terrible. It was a slice of turkey ham on a slab of black pepper chicken with some cheese melted over the top. Despite the fact it's supposed to be stuffed, and if I thought the restaurant wanted to exercise some artistic licence and serve it with a twist (altho that's not really an excuse either), they DESCRIBED IT as "stuffed" on their menu. 

I wrote to the proprietor (whom we've met on a number of occasions) and eventually he got back to me, offering a $50 voucher for our next meal and apologising profusely, saying that he's gone and investigated and has taken steps to fix the problem. 

I suppose that's not bad, but BIKSS doesn't want to go back to that outlet cos the manager will likely be pissed at me for making a complaint and spit in my plate or some such thing. LOL. He's thinking perhaps we should go to one of their other restaurants. Perhaps the one with the Halal Chinese fusion cuisine.

I think that might be wise.

Once the no dining-in restriction is lifted, that is. 


My hopeful pic today ~




8 comments:

  1. Hi Fondles,

    Oh that's such a shame about the restaurant, and even more so now that you can't eat out again. It's good the owner is taking action though and great that he gave you a voucher.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've announced that dining in will resume on 10th Aug. For parties up to 5 pax if everyone's vaccinated.

      Delete
  2. How annoying! The food should resemble the menu description. I love your mood picture.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what *I* say! You can't describe it one way then serve it another. They may as well just do away with the description altogether if that's the case.

      Delete
  3. It not fair, you just want a good meal - but you're worried what they might do if you do complain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never actually thought about this but it seems to be quite a valid worry.

      Delete
  4. I don't know why, but eating-out disappointments always feel magnified to me. I think it's because dining putt is supposed to save me a certain amount of work. But if the restaurant doesn't do *their* work, it's just... ARGH!! Lol.

    Glad you got a free meal out if it via the voucher. I hope you can use it soon. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. I think there is a certain expectation when eating out.

      The government has announced that all vaccinated persons will be able to eat at restaurants again in groups of up to 5, with safe distancing still in place between tables. Non vaccinated persons can eat in outdoor areas in groups of no more than 2. I'm sure the sister will have a LOT to complain about LOL.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a note. BIKSS and I absolutely love reading what people have to say. I may not reply immediately, but I WILL reply your comment - especially by the time I've written a new post.

NOTE THAT IDIOTIC / STUPID / ENTITLED COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

(Also, if you're writing a comment for the 1st time and you have your own blog, do leave a URL so I can go over and read your stuff too!)