When they lifted the dining-in restrictions we went for dinner.
And decided to go back to the Thai place by the marina.
The first two things that BIKSS looked at were from the vegetarian menu. And he didn't even realise he'd been looking at it.
We had a battered cauliflower with marmite that was so good I over-ate cos I wanted to finish it!
He also loves tofu so we got a 'Mapo Tofu' that was less mapo and more fermented bean sauce. It's not a flavour we're used to, so I didn't have much of it, plus I'm no tofu fan. But he did a spectacular job of finishing it.
We also had crayfish curry that was so delicious I brought the gravy home (with the veggies - they're really generous with the veggie portions) and chucked in some cabbage and capsicum today for lunch!
Then we went over to my aunt's place to pick up two cases of a low protein meal supplement that they now have no use for since my grandaunt passed last Sunday. Mum takes this too so we got lucky. I mean, that's 72 bottles at $5 each. I bought her a care package consisting of cookies, mixed nuts, chocs and even fruit, by way of thanks. All the main flavours / 'tastes' were present, sweet, sour (kiwi), bitter (dark chocolate) and salty... only there was nothing spicy in it.
And it wasn't even intentional... there's a Chinese proverb -
酸甜苦辣样样尝过
... which kinda translates to Sour, Sweet, Bitter, Hot (Spicy), All must be tasted.
It roughly means to have tasted / experienced all the different aspects of life.
And it's a nice mix of flavours to give someone at a time like this.
Anyway, after we lugged that home I smuggled BIKSS into the house. The mum has gotten it in her head that I'm to have no friends, and definitely not friends who are married. Yes, she has even objected to my meeting my godson's father. It's bluddy ridiculous.
Happy me was glad to have cuddles and nuzzle my face in his crotch again. Roger was happy too.
Sad me was bumping up against bones that I never used to bump up against before. BIKSS has definitely lost some weight. I'm so glad for him. He's such a different person from the man I knew before, food-choice-wise LOL.
My mood pic today ~




Hi Fondles,
ReplyDeleteGlad you were able to enjoy a wonderful dining experience. The cauli and chicken dishes are my favourites. So glad you were able to smuggle BIKSS in afterwards for some quality time :) Good him on the weight loss and healthier eating.
I'm sorry to hear about your grandaunt. The care package was lovely and thoughtful of you. Love the proverb!
Hugs
Roz
That cauliflower was super delish. I want to go back there JUST so I can have more! This is nuts!
DeleteYes, BIKSS' has gone off caffeine and his arrhythmia seems to have stopped too. But we're still going to have to ship him off to the cardiologist to check.