2 January 2013

The Year of Presentation

So that's what I've decided  - To cast away some (a leeeeetle bit, anyway) of my self-consciousness and inhibitions and take a few baby steps (infant-size!) towards presenting my more sensual / sexual self to BIKSS.

This is just a development of one of my non-resolutionary resolutions in my previous post.

Screenshot of Julianne Hough & Kristen Bell
See, someone watched Burlesque in the wee early hours of the 1st day of the year:  post NYE-celebrating and pre-the-first-sleep-of-the-year. 

And this said someone fell in love with the make-up (a close up look at Christina Aquilera's makeup) and was wondering if she should maybe experiment with some redder lips and kohl-lined eyes. 

So while I was cleaning out the dresser and throwing away some old make up and combining some of my glitter dust with my regular blusher, I decided to have a little fun. I haven't done this since a long long time ago. So I played. I put some colour on, then I made some pouty kissy lips and took a couple of pics to send to BIKSS. 

cropped version
In my bra. With a little bit of cleavage. Yeah, good enough, that'll do. 

;-)

He was sweet enough to notice that I had make-up on and that was when I decided that along with the "dressing up for my man" I would add to it - not just dress up, but make up too -  and turn this into my thing for the year. Not to say that I'll have to paint my face every time he comes over, but it'll be nice to maybe dab on some lip gloss or do my brows! And I will definitely bother a little more about presenting a done up face when we go out. 

Sure, the "feminists", and whatever-other-ists out there may say that dressing up and making up is all superficial stuff and what really counts is on the inside. But I don't see why my man shouldn't also be able to be proud to have a good looking girl by his side. So yes, I'm calling this my year of presentation. I've been so busy trying to present the best of my inner self to him (what with the learning to be trusting, opening up and sharing, being honest, obedient, respectful and all that other TTWD stuff), that I've forgotten all about the outward presentation of who I am. A girl. His girl. And I want him to be proud of all of me - Yes, even the totally superficial outside bits! 


38 comments:

  1. Fondles,

    For me, it is not just the obvious sensual nature of the presentation, I am flattered by the effort made by the female to look good.

    And, I find that females, tops or bottoms, prefer a male to take the time to look good.

    Hug,
    joey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joey, thanks for your view. And it's good to know that I'm not off the mark with this.

      I agree tho, I like my man to bother about how he looks. Not a matter of being dressed to the nines, but just a case of having neat and presentable hair, wrinkle-free shirts and classy shoes.

      I think it's just a case of knowing that he bothered. And BIKSS bothers. So I think I should too.

      Delete
  2. Sigh. Feminism is not anti-makeup. It's just anti make-up being the measure of your worth as a human being, and a factor in whether or not you should get the job. It's just anti other people telling you how you should dress, wear your hair, or do your make-up to be acceptable by some arbitrary and unrealistic standard.

    But it sounds like you have a fun year ahead of you with this! Enjoy!

    hugs,

    aisha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you. I agree. But so many of them feel like they have to prove their point by being ANTI all things feminine. I have the utmost respect for those of us (yes, I'm a feminist too) who believe in equal rights for women and men in political, social and economic arenas. Those others... not so much.

      But perhaps you are right... let me go back and put that in scare quotes.

      Delete
  3. Love the new experimentation!
    I cannot love without my makeup. I even worked in cosmetics for a few major brands for a couple years. I probably have WAY too much. I love it though.

    On NYE I noticed Jenny McCarthy's eye makeup.. It was gorgeous! I have to look at it closer to recreate it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh i generally don't bother with make up at all. just my brows and face powder and i'm done.

      i have it. i just don't use it.

      time to start!

      Delete
  4. I think you look beautiful and just as I like to take care of myself, I also like my Man to do the same.

    Master says he loves when others look at me while we are out. It makes him proud to call me his.

    I am sure BIKSS feels the same about you.

    ~faithful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      If he doesn't already, this year, he will. :)

      (but i'm sure he does...)

      Delete
  5. There is nothing wrong with fixing up for your man. Often 'fixing up' is going to make us feel better about ourselves too. Seems like a win-win proposition to me.

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DO hope that you're right. I'm counting on it making me feel better about me too!

      Delete
  6. Nothing wrong with working from the inside to the outside. 'Presenting' yourself as your best is a gift to him!
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad we started with the hard stuff - the inside is a little bit harder I think! So dealing with the outside should be a piece of cake.

      Delete
  7. I have thought about doing this myself, only problem is I don't know how. I think I might need girl lessons from a real girl lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I'll be sure to update often with details of my "fixing up" and the outcomes!

      And I used to be what most people call vain (aka obsessed with my appearance)- I know HOW to do, and WHAT to do... I just HAVEN'T BEEN DOING in a while.

      If you ever want girl lessons, feel free to ask. Or go to youtube. It's got EVERYTHING!

      Delete
  8. Fondles, looking at the pic you are lovely. There is nothing wrong with "presenting" yourself for your man, and as PK said, it often makes us feel better about ourselves too. I think most men appreciate the effort so it probably makes them feel good too. I'm sure BIKSS will love it!

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment :D

      yeah, um, I'm hoping I make it a permanent change / effort, and not just for the first month of the year... LOL

      I asked him if he would like that (me making it the year of presentation) and his reply was "hell yeah... Present away, my sweet"

      I think that's a good start!

      Delete
  9. Fondles, that's a gorgeous pic of you :) There's nothing wrong with maintaining the outside along with the inside. I bet you find that the more you do it the more confident and sexy you will feel. Looking your best does make you feel better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you faerie dear.

      and yes, i'm counting on it. I just did my nails :)

      Delete
  10. Sometime over the past year or two I started making myself up more, especially when Dave and I would be out together. Not long after we were shopping at a place we frequent and the people there know the both of us quite well. At the checkout the girl at the register commented on how nice I looked that day and without a beat I replied "Eye candy for my man. I need to give him something good to look at." I still don't know where the words came from because I had not thought that before, but it made me think about what my intentions were in putting in a little extra time in my appearance.
    It made more sense to me the more I thought about it. Men are drawn to look at beautiful, its natural. Yes, they love what we are on the inside, and that we take care of them (in many ways), make them laugh and make them happy...but what we are on the outside, that which draws their eye and keeps it should never be taken lightly. If I don't give him something to look at I cannot get upset if his eye is drawn to something (or someone)else beautiful. I know that there may be a time or two when a beautiful woman might catch his attention, but if he has me to draw his eye and his appreciation because I have spent some time to dress in clothing that accentuates my attributes, and applied color that highlights my most beautiful features then I will shine more so than any other woman around him and knowing what he's getting underneath makes the frosting that much sweeter because he also gets to enjoy the cake. Keep that in mind this next year and your goals will be easy to reach.
    Happy New Year to the both of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!

      I don't wanna be a doesn't-look-like-much-but-tastes-great home-made chocolate cake. I wanna be the gorgeous AND delicious one-of-a-kind designer cake, that's specially made (up) for him and him alone.

      And now I'm off to get some dessert... all this talk of cake and frosting is giving me a sugar craving.

      Delete
  11. I found your blog while perusing some of my favorite sites this afternoon. What you said rings so true! DH used to ask me if it would kill me to not wear sweatpants at one point in our marriage. (Obviously my pre submissive wife days. A decade ago actually.) Now I can't believe it was ever an issue. I've come to realize that it's a compliment to him when I go the extra mile. Spiffing up is a way of showing him how much I value him rather than simply saying it. In turn he "shows" his appreciation in ways that are beneficial to me, too. It's definitely a win/win. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi & welcome! I too have sweatpants /yoga pants which are totally comfy but im happy to say BIKSS has never seen me in them. I'm looking forward to telling my tale here, so do come back n visit again!!

      Delete
  12. I've never been into feminism I'm afraid. I especially like eye makeup. I think it's important to look good for our menfolk. I may wear jeans around the house, but I always use makeup and wear perfume.

    Your picture is absolutely gorgeous. Go for it girl!

    Hugs, Ami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment! Hmmm i love eye make up too but its hard to wear cos i have a double eyelid only on one side n sometimes it's more prominent than other times. I end up spending a Lot of time trying to make sure it doesnt look unbalanced!

      And "menfolk" made me giggle. Cute word.

      Delete
  13. Good for you. I do this in spurts but it's nice for him to know you care to fix yourself up just for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh maybe you can have a whole year of sprucing up too!

      I hope to make this a permanent change.

      Delete
  14. we can both dress and make up for our men... you're so gorgeous though you dont even need it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hurray! A partner in crime. Let's do this!

      And thank you for the compliment.

      Delete
  15. Careful fondles...feminist doesn't have to be a BAD word!! I would regularly identify as a feminist. I don't always dress up and wear makeup and I do wear jeans and put my hair in a ponytail. HOWEVER, I do sometimes. I don't see feminism as being anti-makeup or pro-looking-trashy.

    BIKSS - Isn't being inflammatory or putting down an entire group of people a spank-able offense? (hehe - just kidding)

    OK - so enough ranting. I would love to say that you look beautiful and you have FABULOUS pouty lips! I'm sure BIKSS loved the pics. Interestingly, I often - not always - but often can tell that I feel much more sexy and sexual when I am wearing something "nice" or when my hair is not a mess...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol.

      1- see my reply to Aisha. Admittedly i had a specific person in mind when i used the word "feminist"

      2 - i identify as feministic too. No, really. I swear.

      3 - BIKSS wont spank me for being bad. :P lecture is another thing. He does that VERY well. He could give a class on that.

      4 - thank you for saying nice things about me (eventually!)

      5 - i'm counting on looking good making me feel better n more sexual/sensual!

      Delete
  16. You know, I am not sure what happened - when I stopped wearing make-up, but about two months ago, I started up again. Just a little liner and shadow and a new shade of lipstick - pink actually. A color that I think looks surprisingly good on me.

    And it gives me a lift. And I wonder why I stopped.

    You are beautiful girl. Truly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks, spanks!

      It just sometimes seems totally silly and impractical to be walking around the house made up and dressed up when we're just going to be sitting and eating dinner or watching tv.

      It'll be easy enough sprucing up when we're going out, that's for sure. But i'll have to really make an effort at getting sorted on those days when we're just staying in.

      I'm tempted to go to the store tomorrow and see what new make-up magic I can find. (The last time I did this was 2.5 years ago when I started a new contract at my current workplace. And not for at least 5 years before that... some kind of Girly-girl I am! LOL)

      Delete
  17. I don't give a hoot about make-up myself.
    But I'm a feminist at heart. A woman should be able to do anything she wants.
    If my wife wants to make herself more presentable to her man, I'm sure willing to appreciate that and admire the effort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy to announce my effort wasn't wasted!

      We went out for drinks after a work event I had to attend. He picked me up n complimented me on how I looked. The red lips got a thumbs up too!

      Delete
  18. superficial???

    SUPERFICIAL??? oh hell no!

    I LOVE makeup, always have. I still remember my very first Avon blue, and Avon green eyeshadow, at age 16. I am a self-described make-up slut! I don't think it's "anti feminist" to do the whole make up thing (anymore than doing TTWD is anti feminist, right? :) )

    LOVE the makeup tutorial, and your pic was sweet and sexy, too!

    Happy New Year! (great "non-resolution"... )

    nilla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha.. Thanks for cheering me up! I actually felt a little frazzled from work today, first day being back in school and in a NEW location on top of that.

      and well, yes i agree, the whole TTWD thing is already eyeball-rolling-worthy as far as some of my friends are concerned. I keep this blog far far away from them.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a note. BIKSS and I absolutely love reading what people have to say. I may not reply immediately, but I WILL reply your comment - especially by the time I've written a new post.

NOTE THAT IDIOTIC / STUPID / ENTITLED COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

(Also, if you're writing a comment for the 1st time and you have your own blog, do leave a URL so I can go over and read your stuff too!)