6 January 2013

Celebrating Submission

...  in wives, girlfriends, and significant others. Here's some stuff I found surfing the web and wanted to share with my sister-subs. 


"There is no spectacle on earth more appealing than that of a beautiful woman in the act of cooking dinner for someone she loves."
- Thomas Wolfe



"Men love a submissive woman, Damon said simply. Even when they say they don't. There's just something about a beautiful, soft woman looking to them to protect and take care of them that inspires a man to greatness." 

- Maya Banks, Sweet Surrender


"For me, submission is one of those things that is far more easily identified by its absence rather than its presence. I know that I am struggling with it when I am critical, impatient, defiant, and “snarky” toward my husband—when I refuse to cooperate and am unresponsive to input, when I rush in and take control, when I fail to “provide space” to allow my husband the opportunity to be a man and provide godly oversight for our family. In other words, it’s not readily apparent to me when I’m submitting, but it’s painfully obvious to me when I am not. I sense that I am disrespecting/ disregarding my husband, taking control, and pulling against him rather than for and with him."
- Mary Kassian, Girls Gone Wise



And finally, have any of you seen this story floating about the internet?



An English professor wrote on the board: 
A woman without her man is nothing.
The class was then asked to punctuate the sentence.
The men wrote: "A woman, without her man, is nothing." 
The women wrote: "A woman: without her, man is nothing."

So apparently it's to show the purpose of punctuation and how important it is.

But as I read and re-read this little example, I began to see less and less how they represented opposing viewpoints. For they both seemed to be, instead of opposing thoughts, extremely complementary statements. 

For you see, if you were a woman coupled with a man, then without him, you would be nothing. And that same man, without his woman, would also be nothing. 

And with that thought, I bid you a happy weekend!



14 comments:

  1. Pure wisdom Fondles.
    Man and woman, without the other, they are nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Fondles, very thought provoking. I completely identify with your train of thought. I definitely can't be my submissive self. I would imagine it is the same for Him xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that little bit at the end of this post. I absolutely agree. Without Master, I definitely feel I would be nothing, and I know Master feels the same about me. Thank you for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing like a little punctuation exercise to spice things up, is there? :-)

    But seriously, I'd agree that your way of looking at the sentence and it's two interpretations is the right one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I needed that this morning- thanks!'

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see what you did there, lovely way to turn that around, my wise friend! It speaks to what has become one of my favorite words ...and favorite concepts in TTWD...reciprocity. All very lovely sentiments, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're testing my brain so early on a Sunday AM. Shame on you. Very true though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's good. Mentally I actually punctuated it the second way. Wonder what that says about me?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for making me smile....I often used the punctuation exercise when teaching...never with that sentence tho..wonder how it would go over with junior high kids! I loved the way you interpreted it....good job!@
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this, thanks Sweetie.
    hugs
    lillie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Post and so so so true-

    I love that Mary Kassian concept.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ~faithful

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this Fondles - so true!

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post! Thanks for sharing!
    I hope you had a great weekend.
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  14. These were very sweet Fondles...and quite true.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a note. BIKSS and I absolutely love reading what people have to say. I may not reply immediately, but I WILL reply your comment - especially by the time I've written a new post.

NOTE THAT IDIOTIC / STUPID / ENTITLED COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

(Also, if you're writing a comment for the 1st time and you have your own blog, do leave a URL so I can go over and read your stuff too!)