I'm sorry that this post showed up on your reader a couple days early and then it wasn't there anymore.
For some reason I scheduled it for Friday but when I hit publish it didn't go to "Scheduled" but went live instead. And I couldn't leave it up cos um, there was nothing ON IT!
OK, so now that you've all been gracious enough to accept my apology, here is this week's FF!
---------------------------
I've finally found her blog. You guys should go and visit with
Yearning Letgo - I gather she has blogged before, but this particular blog was started up in Dec last year. Tell her I sent you. *smiles*
And Ms Jacqui can be found at
Deferring to Dave. I
must be getting old, for I thought I had already added her to my blogroll... as it turns out, I didn't. *sheepish grin*
I've also recently added
Ami's Star Song to my blogroll... go take a look! Like many of us (ok, fine, like ME) she's curious about what her blogfriends look like... I've had the privilege of becoming non-anonymous cyber/FB friends with some of the women here and I must say, sometimes I'm completely off the mark when it comes to imagining what they look like!
And here's a fellow sprucer-upper - go give Jessa some encouragement over at
His Submissive Wife.
---------------------------
And now more good stuff :
Well, I did it. I had a work event to attend last night, and BIKSS was going to pick me up after that and go get a drink and maybe a bite.
So I painted my nails the night before, wore a tube dress with a lace top over it (work = school = some measure of modesty expected pfft!) and put on more make up than usual before heading out. It was going to be a dinner/performance thing, so I even remembered to take my lip colour with me for touch-ups.
He got me after my thing and when I got into the car, he said I looked very nice! The nails were appreciated, as was the lip-colour. He took me to a place I'd never been where there were a few restaurants / pubs on the top of a hill, and we popped into a pub that was part of a well-known chain here, and had us a Kilkenny (for him) and a Midori n Sprite (for me)... plus some chicken quesadilla to nibble on.

The guitar-man was entertaining, we people-watched and told stories, and after a couple of hours it was time to head home. It was a great night, with awesome funny conversation, and he even managed to get in a swat and a pinch or two at the bar! (I was being kinda cheeky and teasing him about his potential guitaring skills - NOT!!)
So all in all, the first meet up of 2013 was a successful first date! It's encouraging to know we can still just-talk for hours and not run out of things to say!
Here's to many, many more!!
Hi Fondles, thanks for the links,.
ReplyDeleteThe date sounds wonderful. I bet BIKSS appreciated the 'presentation'. My man does too. Doesn't it make you feel good and feminine as well as being pleasing to him? I know it does for me.
Hugs
Roz
oh yes. that's the one - pleasing to him. makes me all warm and fuzzy.
DeleteIt is amazing - and wonderful - how you can still have amazing conversation for hours after so many years, isn't it? I love the nails and the Midori looks yummy!
ReplyDeleteit IS! we're almost convinced we'll never NOT be able to hold a conversation.
Deleteand the nails are already chipping from all this darned housework. and yes, I love the Green!!
Some interesting blogs here, how do you find them? i tend to read a blog, click on the commentator and thats how i build up...its keeping up with them all thats the challenge lol
ReplyDeletex
i click on people who comment on my blog, or else I'll look at who's commenting on other people's blogs...
Deleteah... keeping up is another thing altogether!
**wild clapping** I love hearing about your times with Bikss! Maybe it's because you don't live with him, so everytime really IS special, but you make each time with him sound so special and treasured. What a lucky guy!!
ReplyDeleteAnd I LOVE to know what my blog friends look like!! I post myself enough you probably didn't need to guess at me tho. ;-)
hahaha. yes, every moment with him is treasured cos we don't get to just "waste" the time that we have together.
DeleteMidori is my favorite!
ReplyDeleteGlad you guys had a great evening!
Thanks! It's a favourite of mine too. But not many bars stock it. It's not as popular as the regular stuff like whisky and gin and vodka.
DeleteDates sounds wonderful. Love the nail colour. I've had Kilkenny a few times, Midori, will have to google that one.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Ronnie
xx
it's a melon liquer... great with anything citrus... like a sharp pineapple juice or limeade.
DeleteFondles: thanks for the links to the new blogs!
ReplyDeleteAnd I am super impressed that you remembered to bring the lip-colour with you for touch-ups! Sounds like it was a wonderful evening; the talking for hours without running out of things to say, is really a warm and fuzzy element ;o)
I must say I was impressed with myself too. It's not a thing I usually do. I've caught myself WISHING I brought my lippy with me, like at dinners and such.
DeleteAnd yes, talking for hours, from nonsensical stuff to quirky stuff to serious stuff...
The best thing? We can tease each other and poke fun and no one gets upset or anything. It's wonderful being able to speak so freely about EVERYTHING.
Thank you for the link, Fondles. I am working on my site and just added a blogroll, so you're now listed over there also.
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a really good date and the nails look great. I have a problem doing my own nails most times, but I need to do them today for the date I have with Dave tomorrow night. I'll be wearing the kind of dress I haven't been able to wear for more than two decades, and I know he won't be able to takes his eyes off it. To be truthful, I'm a little nervous. I'm not used to being able to look good wearing something so...nice.
Hope you have an awesome weekend.
Oh wow. It sounds like u've gotten trim ? I'm so happy u can wear a stunning dress again! I hope u enjoyed ur date.
DeleteI dont have the patience for nails- so i only do two coats and that ends up with a lot of chipping especially with the housework I do!
I love people watching. I'm glad you had a good time. Thank you for the link.......crap now I have to go write something witty. :)
ReplyDeleteHaha. No pressure! What u have is fine! Lol
DeleteThe liquor sounds yummy! I love when people I read recommends blogs! I've been by Ami too!
ReplyDeleteGlad your date went perfectly.
It's TOTALLY yummy. Sweet n fizzy n refreshing. More like a soda than anything.
DeleteAnd the sharing of blogs is nice. Especially since I had some friends tell others abt me when I was starting out- so I'm jus paying it forward.
Yay to the great accomplishment on your resolution! Keep it up, girly. I can't wait to hear more. And thanks for the plug! Sending you e-hugs and a big high five!!
ReplyDeleteOh no! Where the hell did "thanks for the plug" come from?!! What I meant to say was *thanks for the shout-out.* That's what I get for doing this from my phone in a crowded room among many distractions. :(
DeleteHaha. That was too funny.
DeleteAnd you're welcome! I kinda got thrown there for a bit, then I realised what you meant ;)
I was in the middle of doing stuff when I read that too.