Some of you will have noticed that I usually have stuff to write about after Monday and Friday cos those are the days I usually see BIKSS.
But unfortunately for us, this week was a little different cos I've come down with laryngitis. The rest of the world gets a flu but I have to lose my voice while I'm at it. Hrmph.
We were supposed to meet up on Thursday night but I told him earlier that day that I was beginning to feel a little under the weather, and since someone in his family happened to be travelling this weekend, it might not be such a good idea to meet in case he passed it to them.
I think he may have been impressed / moved by my thoughtfulness (hey, I try!!) but I honestly didn't feel like it was going to be a quick 24-hour bug and the last thing I wanted was to pass it to BIKSS or anyone else.
So I came straight home from work on Thursday evening, ate some cup noodles (that's my comfort food whenever I'm feeling ill), and popped some pills before hitting the sack. Went to see the Doc on Friday morning and sauntered in to school to pass them the doctor's note and sort out some details for the day's classes - I was in no condition to teach. On the way home I had to go past a warehouse sale... so of course since it was en route to the bus stop, I took a detour and managed to pick up a cute top for half the original price. :-)
Heh. I told BIKSS I was going to pop into the sale and take a look, and he didn't fuss so that was all the permission I needed.
After that I came home, put away my stuff and vegetated on the couch. Between watching Fringe and craving for foods I shouldn't be eating, I did nothing else besides drift in and out of sleep.
I had a class today. It was all pointing and hand gestures but she's an older kid and is easy to teach. And then I cancelled everything else so that I can rest and vegetate on the couch.
I'm supposed to be back in school tomorrow so wish me luck and a speedy recovery cos I can't afford another sick day. We have horrid staff welfare in this country. Grrrr.
In the meantime, thanks for reading about my totally boring weekend.
Awe Fondles, sorry to hear that you are sick, and that you missed out on time with BIKSS. Glad you had a little retail therapy as a small consolation.
ReplyDeleteWishing you a speedy recovery. Take care.
Hugs
Roz
Retail therapy is very very effective!
DeleteIt might even be addictive.
Oh not good. Hope your feeling better soon, plenty of fluids...not that kind of fluid! lol
ReplyDeletex
Hahahaha... Fiona's solution was exactly that - ask BIKSS to come over but don't kiss him, just Roger. Heh.
DeleteBut yes... I'm loading up on liquids.
Sorry you are not feeling good. I think we've all had one bug or another over the winter, no matter what part of the world we are in. I, too, like retail therapy!
ReplyDeleteHope you feel better soon.
Hugs, Ami
Yes I noticed that people in blogland were getting ill... I was hoping I'd be immune but it seems it's not to be.
DeleteThe weather at this time of year is GREAT for getting sick... :(
Laryngitis does not sound good. You absolute need that voice in teaching.
ReplyDeleteBjörk is a real voice-juggling artist! Those tempo changes in that song are fascinating.
Oh yes. I am feeling absolutely useless without my voice. Almost like I don't exist!
DeleteYuck! Hope you feel better soon!!
ReplyDeletethank you... I hope so too
DeleteTake care of yourself and hope you feel better soon.
ReplyDelete(((Hugs)))
thank you !!
DeleteSorry about the laryngitis, but hope you have had plenty of rest xx
ReplyDeleteSo plenty, in fact, that I haven't been replying comments... and then forgot all about it. Thank Fiona for popping up and checking in on me :)
DeleteHope you're feeling better soon.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Ronnie
xx
Thank you. I'm much better today but still not at 100%
DeleteFeel better love.
ReplyDeletehugs,
fiona
PS - Roger can't get laryngitis =) Just sayin'
Thanks... and yeah, we know!
DeleteTake good care of yourself and get well soon.
ReplyDeleteThank you. I'm on the way to getting well!!
DeleteSorry to hear you're unwell! After having been sick for over a week, I feel ya! I'll keep you in my prayers to be on the mend soon.
ReplyDelete*hugs*
Thank you... oh you must be so glad to be better... I should be back to perfect in a few more days I hope!
DeleteAre you feeling better?? I hope so.
ReplyDeleteYes, a little... but there's still lots more recovering to do!
Delete