BIKSS and I are in our 50s. We met in 1988 but it took us 24 years before hooking up in 2012. We moved into a DD/lg dynamic a year later. In April 2015 some shit hit the fan. We took some time off but eventually found a new us.
I used to live alone except for a few shifting years when my folks moved in then out, then after dad passed on, mum moved in again. Now that she too has passed, it's just me, one carer whom I've decided to keep on, and my tenant.
He lives with his family. This is us.
... is tomorrow. And it's either the best or worst time to do it, depending on how you want to look at it I suppose.
The last two Saturdays have been filled with processed meats, red meat, cakes, ice cream and way too much carbs.
Christmas gatherings are underway, mostly because the respective groups are trying to accomodate people who will be away for the holiday season. Plus closer to Christmas most of us will be 'booked' up for lunches and dinners with family.
So the ex colleague dinner happened two Saturdays ago at my boss's place, and my nearest and dearest bunch of crazy gals had our do this past Saturday.
In between BIKSS and I found time to make use of a voucher that was going to expire at a Turkish place, and we even made it to a stage performance of The Sound of Music.
Mint lemonade I think. Those frothy bubbles were adorable. We've taken to ordering strong-flavoured drinks to accomodate (ok, MASK) the taste of our trace mineral drops.
Grilled haloumi. Delish. But very salty.
Pideli Kofta - Chargrilled beef patties on top of some gravy soaked flatbread.
The Beyti was my favourite dish of the evening -
Lamb and beef mince, wrapped in freshly baked lavash bread, served with homemade yogurt dip
This restaurant also makes the best kunafe I've ever tried. And we've tried a few!
The food's pricey so it's not going to be an "everyday" place. We have the OTHER Turkish restaurant for quick and easy meals. But this one does have a much wider variety of dishes.
Of course I had to squeeze in bake-days for my lapis(es) too! At least 4 people admitted to attending the various do's BECAUSE there'd be cake. Hrmph.
Here's the Youtube video of the baking process if that bloglink doesn't work for you - yes, it's done one layer at a time, for those of you who are new to my lapis-baking-madness.
But back to that blood test. One of the labs we use has offered our clinic staff free tests up to a particular dollar value amount. After collecting everyone's choices it turns out we overshot the budget. But my clinic has decided that it will cover the excess and so no one has to pay for anything again this year! Not a bad perk. I mean, a bonus would be great, but free medical is good too!
If the results are good despite the recent face stuffing then I'll be glad that my body's doing a good job.
If the results aren't so good then we'll just blame the festive feasting and I'll re-do them in 3 months' time. :)
Enjoy today's chip pic -
I wish I could find decent long bean chips around here. They're awfully hard to come by.
Wow, sounds like you have been having a very busy but fun time. Tis the season :) I do remember your cakes at this time of year and how busy it keeps you making them.
Glad you and BIKSS managed a dinner amongst the madness lol. Wishing you well with the blood tests. It's great the bosses are paying for everyone to have this done.
We meet about twice a week these days... and that seems to work for us. Next week is going to be the busiest for me, but we've already booked our "Christmas dinner" on the 23rd. The French place we went to for my birthday! I can't wait!
I sure hope the test come back good so you can keep eating just like you want to. All this food looked really good to me. I can't over eat on my new medicine or I really don't feel well. I have to pick and choose carefully. But I think I'm getting healthier.
Thanks for leaving a note. BIKSS and I absolutely love reading what people have to say. I may not reply immediately, but I WILL reply your comment - especially by the time I've written a new post.
NOTE THAT IDIOTIC / STUPID / ENTITLED COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.
(Also, if you're writing a comment for the 1st time and you have your own blog, do leave a URL so I can go over and read your stuff too!)
Hi Fondles,
ReplyDeleteWow, sounds like you have been having a very busy but fun time. Tis the season :) I do remember your cakes at this time of year and how busy it keeps you making them.
Glad you and BIKSS managed a dinner amongst the madness lol. Wishing you well with the blood tests. It's great the bosses are paying for everyone to have this done.
Hugs
Roz
We meet about twice a week these days... and that seems to work for us. Next week is going to be the busiest for me, but we've already booked our "Christmas dinner" on the 23rd. The French place we went to for my birthday! I can't wait!
DeleteI stand corrected. It's the French place where we had our Christmas do-over dinner!
DeleteI watched the video and then went back to your previous blog post about the cake. Such a lot of time to make, but what a lovely cake!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the blood test. Do let us know the results.
Hugs,
Hermione
I got my labwork back. I'll update on the next post :)
DeleteI sure hope the test come back good so you can keep eating just like you want to. All this food looked really good to me. I can't over eat on my new medicine or I really don't feel well. I have to pick and choose carefully. But I think I'm getting healthier.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about the new meds causing some difficulties. But getting healthier sounds good to me!
DeleteThat food looks fabulous! Yum. And I love your approach to the blood test. Low stress...
ReplyDeleteThere's not a whole lot I can do about it. As my boss always says - the numbers don't lie. LOL.
Delete