25 December 2022

On the Way to Dinner

...I saw a bowl with fish in it by the side of the road, just sitting outside the shophouse. It is clearly taken care of, the water was clean, the bubbles were bubbling. It was just so cute. 


Dinner was fabulous. The restaurant now has a different chef, but the menu is largely the same. 

I'm glad that when I asked for a mixed salad without arugula they managed it with no fuss. Heard from the chef himself later on that he isn't a fan of it either! 



We also had Rillettes de Saumon - Salmon rillettes - as a starter, shown with their complimentary sourdough bread - 

I was delighted that their flatbread was THIS flat - here's the La Forestière TARTE FLAMBÉE - Seasonal mushrooms, black truffle & mascarpone cream, mozzarella, parmesan cheese - delicious!



I mean, look at that - it's skinny as anything! I can eat this anytime, low carb be damned. There's almost NO carb there!


Our main was fish (sorry Roz). Filet de Loup de Mer - Seabass fillet served with mashed potatoes & sautéed mushrooms - only we didn't see no mushrooms, but there were some lovely artichoke portions hiding under the fish. 


We weren't planning on dessert but I do love a Crème Brûlée :


I bet waiters at the restaurants we eat at think we're crazy, sharing these tiny one-person portions of dessert. LOL. 

After dinner we met up with another couple, I suppose they think / assume we're dating but don't-ask-don't-tell is how we play it. They've bumped into us twice now, and mentioned that we should meet for drinks. The girl is my ex high school mate and the guy is my ex college mate and I introduced the two of them and they are now married. So I'll never be forgotten by these two! 

It was a lovely night of being social, altho I'm not a huge fan of being social. And I like being social with BIKSS along even less. Cos I don't need to answer questions. But I'm glad these two seemed to know to just go with the flow. There IS a plausible reason for me and BIKSS to be out together tho, they both know that we've known each other since I was 15, in fact the girl met him the same year I did! So she definitely knows that we're long-time friends. Whether she wonders if there's anything more to our friendship I don't know and I don't care to find out. 

BUT the most important part of that night was when we were driving from dinner to drinks, BIKSS played a song on his phone for me. Some time ago I was listening to the theme song from one of the Thai series I was watching and mentioned to BIKSS that I really like the song. He said he would learn it and sing it for me. I thought he might have forgotten about it, and to be honest, part of me didn't take him seriously. 

Since I can't put it on the blog (and I'm too lazy to look for an audio hosting site and then link to it) you'll just have to take my word for it that it's the best present ever!


This is the song. And he did a splendid job of it. I jokingly (maybe?) said that he'd just upped his bar by so many levels that if he ever needed to do any service recovery in the future he'd seriously have to work really hard to outdo himself HAHAHHA. 

Oh, and he also bought me a bag of chocolate covered raisins! Hurray! And so that's the pic for today instead of the usual chip pic.


BLESSED CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! 

MAY 2023 BE BRIGHTER, BIGGER AND MORE BEAUTIFUL IN EVERY WAY!


PS - This is the latest unicorn to join my ever-growing collection - the sister and her family came over for Christmas today and she brought this along with my present! 



6 comments:

  1. Hi Fondles, glad the two of you had such a lovely meal and night out. Fish yes, but even I can see how good it looks lol, what a neat touch with the fish bowl.

    How nice to meet up with your friends too and be a bit social for a while. Gotta wonder what they think they know, but don't ask, don't tell certainly works lol. So sweet of BIKSS to sinbb to you, Rick does that sometimes, and he's good.

    Wishing you all a belated Merry Christmas, hope you had a wonderful day. Love the unicorn!

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. General singing happens frequently enough around these parts, but the truly amazing thing was neither of us speaks Thai so for him to have gone and figured out the lyrics was just totally sweet of him.

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas, Fondles and BIKKS! Love creme brulee too, always have to order it if it's on the menu.
    I'm kind off sort off new around here, and I love your blog. Been reading a lot of your old posts. May I comment or ask questions on old posts? Do you get notifications? Not sure how it all works yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HELLO! Merry Christmas from us to you too! Read and comment away. I do get notifications, even on old posts, so I'll be able to read them and answer your comments :)

      Delete
  3. Merry Christmas, Fondles. I love your latest meal out. That flatbread looks so yummy! We don't have sea bass here very often; my go-to fish is either trout or salmon.

    I haven't had chocolate-covered raisins for a long time but used to enjoy them frequently, as a box of "Glossettes".

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had them in a mixed box of chocs when we were kids. There was a particularly popular brand that EVERY mother's child would get at least one of every year. The raisin ones were always the first to go!

      It's a very sweet treat, thankfully one I don't indulge in very often.

      Sea-bass is pretty easy to get here, altho it's expensive. Salmon too. Trout is the thing we don't get a lot of. Hmmmm... I shall look for some!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a note. BIKSS and I absolutely love reading what people have to say. I may not reply immediately, but I WILL reply your comment - especially by the time I've written a new post.

NOTE THAT IDIOTIC / STUPID / ENTITLED COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

(Also, if you're writing a comment for the 1st time and you have your own blog, do leave a URL so I can go over and read your stuff too!)