21 April 2013

Snippets - Planks, Bunheads and a Sick Gut

I haven't been around much lately. So if you've been checking in to see what's up in my corner of Asia, I'm sorry that there hasn't been an update in almost a week.


Aside from a hectic schedule, last Sunday I caught a bug in my gut. It was awful, I've been on soup and porridge all week, and tonight I finally let myself celebrate with fried chicken. I'm not sure if my tummy will reject it later, but I just HAD to have some junk food!

You can read all about intestinal infections here.

Meanwhile I'm finally caught up with all the episodes of 2 Broke Girls and am currently watching Bunheads. And just when I thought the world was safe from 50 Shades, up it pops in episode 6's storyline as the book club's book of the week. And because I'm twisted I just KNEW that's what they were talking about before anyone even mentioned the title.

In other news, the weather's been awful, and I haven't been walking -- I may as well remove the counter on the right! And being down for the count with this achy belly doesn't help. I *have* seen, tho', some of my fellow bloggers writing about the 50 Day (you've-got-to-be-kidding-me) Challenge involving jumping jacks, sit-ups, push-ups and doing the plank.

And that got me researching this plank thing cos I can't for the life of me stay in position for anything longer than 20 seconds. For those of you who find it way too challenging to get up to the "actual" plank position and hold it there for 2 minutes, have a look at this video. It tells you how to progress to the final position stage by stage as your body becomes stronger.




Oh, and the situation with the spank-friendly chemises finally got straightened out. I received a replacement last week. The same style as the first one, but in a different colour. Ah well... it's still pretty.





39 comments:

  1. Sorry you're unwell. Do hope you get better soon. Enjoy your junk food and TV - walking can wait.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but it's fine. And i'm not eager to get back to walking, trust me. TV is always the preferred option.

      Delete
  2. Sorry you've been unwell and glad you seem to be better. Love the chemise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I haven't had a chance to wear it tho.

      and i'm sure i'm better now. heh. fingers are crossed.

      I *WAS* super glad about finding the plank video :)

      Delete
  3. Love the chemise! Very sexy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's no way around it....planks suck. :)

    But...after 19 days (okay I've missed a few--every Saturday) I have finally worked up to a full minute plank, and twice in a row. I do the straight arm plank, but also the one where forearms are parallel on the ground, palms flat. That second one is brutal...i find the straight arm easier, so I do that for the 2nd minute.

    Sorry you've been under the weather ... nothing much worse than a tummy virus/infection.

    Hugs n whammies...(oh...and whoa... sexah spanky outfit!)

    nilla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i am thinking maybe i'll start with the easiest one as shown and work my way up. straight arm and on my knees. let's take it slow...

      Delete
  5. Feel better. Love the chemise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Feeling rather well already. And I need to go and reinforce some of the side seams to make sure it doesn't fall apart at the first tug LOL. the stitching leaves much to be desired.

      Delete
  6. I hope you feel better real quick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry you've been sick!

    That plank thing was pretty interesting! I'm still sticking with spanks {that's a shock, right?} but theoretically I could possibly learn to do those someday...

    And i LOVE the chemise. That's adorable!

    sofia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd choose spanks over planks anytime too!

      Delete
  8. Two minutes is a long time. I could prob do a minute, take a break and then another minute.

    The chemise is soooo cute. To bad my husband doesn't like lingeree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah... a man who prefers his woman Nekkid!!

      Delete
  9. Fondles: Hope you continue to be on the mend! And erhm...you know...the 50 Day Challenge thingie looks alluring but...I'll just stick to walking and some yoga ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll just stick to SOMETIMES walking and THINKING about yoga :)

      Delete
  10. Sorry you have not been too well, having very recentley been there myself i understand how your feeling....but just make the most of being pampered...oh and dont get addicted to chat shows lol

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, I'm not a fan of chat shows. But I LOVE a good tv series.

      Delete
  11. Glad you're feeling better. I have to agree with Nilla, planks suck! It takes so long to build up your time, or it does for me, anyway.
    Good luck. Glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started - 2 days - then I kept forgetting. hahaha

      Delete
  12. Glad you are on the mend and sorry the bug hit you so far.

    Yea- I love doing planks, but I also love running 20 miles - so go figure.

    It DOES get easier the more you do it. That is how core muscles work, but they have to get used to the exercise.

    Love the chemise too!

    ~faithful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gee... you're like this totally different species... you LIKE running AND planks? *Stares closely at you to see if you're human...*

      [LOL]

      Delete
  13. Hey Fondles,

    Sorry to hear you have been sick and hope you fully kick the bug soon.

    I haven't heard of Bunheads before. I'm beginning to wonder if we'll every be safe from 50 shades!

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm 90% good :)

      and if you liked Gilmore Girls, and/or broadway musicals, you might enjoy it.

      HERE'S THE TRAILER

      Delete
  14. The world will NEVER be safe from 50 shades, lol. I'm sorry you're not feeling great, hope you feel better soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose I shall have to accept it! lol

      and yes, i'm feeling better... just have to remember NOT to tax my tummy... still keeping away from spicy food and dairy.

      Delete
    2. i hope you feel better soon. i'm in Asia as well and know how intense the bugs can be. Thanks for your posts and hope you get back to them soon...

      Delete
    3. Thank you, Anon in Asia. It's nice to know there are other same-continent folk reading too! :)

      Delete
    4. i may have a blog soon too... i'm also living a 7\47 life here as an expat.... i was thrilled to read your story...

      Delete
    5. Well then let me welcome you to blogging... um, if I may, at the risk of sounding ignorant... what's 7\47?

      Delete
    6. sorry. 7/47 ... i was typing on the ipad and had fewer options.
      we're starting a different relationship that has been going on for a while, but have just put a name to it. i love to have other websites to turn to when it is a bit much for me....

      Delete
    7. ah... you'll find a lot of very supportive people in blogland.

      Delete
  15. it's late and i think i messed up with my first reply. 24/7 is what i meant... it's my first response and maybe i'm nervous.... sorry about that. but thanks again for your blog...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And ok, i get the 24/7 thing now. LOL

      it's ok. I'm honoured that I'm your first response. it's always very validating to see a comment!

      be sure to let me know when you've got your blog started.

      Delete
    2. i will. you were the first blog i felt comfortable with responding to... thanks!

      Delete
    3. Wow. That really put a huge smile on my face :D

      Delete
    4. i'm glad it did! i will let you know when i am more open....

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a note. BIKSS and I absolutely love reading what people have to say. I may not reply immediately, but I WILL reply your comment - especially by the time I've written a new post.

NOTE THAT IDIOTIC / STUPID / ENTITLED COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

(Also, if you're writing a comment for the 1st time and you have your own blog, do leave a URL so I can go over and read your stuff too!)