22 December 2022

All the Cakes Are Done and Other Almost-Christmas Things

And remember how the last time we had Thai it was an accidental find cos BIKSS ended up in the wrong mall? 

This week we made it to the right one. And the food at this Thai cafe was pretty decent too, I must say. 



We had a tofu seafood clear soup - none of the spicy stuff cos I'm nursing a scratchy throat from an annoying post-nasal drip. 


I know fried foods are a known throat irritant too, but I couldn't resist. I also love prawns so we ordered some cooked in a tamarind sauce. Again, not spicy, but still so full of flavor.



Stir fried mixed veggies and chicken with basil - this one was a little spicy but what's Thai food without spice eh? 

All in all very satisfying. 

I'm all Thai-ed out now. That's going to last for a week maybe LOL. I am a little surprised that I enjoy Thai cuisine as much as I do. 

Anyway, for Christmas dinner this Friday we're going French. That'll be a change. 

Speaking of, I'm done with all my layer cakes. And I had leftover nuts and raisins from my last round of fruit cake bakes so I decided to finish them up in a batch of 3 mini fruit cake loaves. With oats over top for a different look. 


I have also gotten BIKSS (and given him) his Christmas present and he sponsored me a new BP monitor as my gift cos my old one has a screen that doesn't want to show me the numbers no more. 



And now I'm waiting for my Shein tee to arrive - 


We all know how I feel about unicorns. And this one is just too adorable. 

Today's chip pic is a no chip pic. Cos I need the throat to settle the fuck down. And now I go to bed. It's been a tiring day of standing in the kitchen and baking baking baking. 






12 comments:

  1. Congrats on all that work! Enjoy the 'fruits' of it in the upcoming days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I fully intend to enjoy the Christmas dinners and lunches that are coming up. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

      Delete
  2. Happy Christmas! Thank you for another year's food photographs. I read every post.

    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Thai food. Generally I go for curries or stir fries, but that soup you had looks really good, and I'm all about the tamarind sauce. :)

    Your baking sounds like a lot of work! The pictures look delicious though.

    I hope your French Christmas dinner is fabulous. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Fondles,

    Glad you had a awesome meal with BIKSS and hope you have another fabulous Christmas dinner together.

    Congrats on finishing the baking. Love the T :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you've done a lot of baking. Enjoy the holidays.
    Picture of the unicorn tshirt made me smile. Granddaughter loves unicorns.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel her! They're absolutely adorable. I got a new one today from the sister.

      Delete
  6. You have the most amazing restaurants! Merry Christmas to you and BIKSS.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have a lot of options! Our malls are filled with restaurants!

      Delete
  7. I'm so glad you guys are having fun and I hope it continues all through Christmas and New Years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far it has been absolutely lovely. I'm looking forward to spending a day out with BIKSS on Friday!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a note. BIKSS and I absolutely love reading what people have to say. I may not reply immediately, but I WILL reply your comment - especially by the time I've written a new post.

NOTE THAT IDIOTIC / STUPID / ENTITLED COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

(Also, if you're writing a comment for the 1st time and you have your own blog, do leave a URL so I can go over and read your stuff too!)