27 July 2026

Home Bound for a Week - The Declutter Debacle

Climbed on a stool did I, did I,

Reached for my bags did I,

Down again - safely - was I, was I,

Sorted my stash did I.


Sold off a few, packed them all good

Figured I'd put back the rest

Up on my shelf, congested no more

How shall I line them up best?


Ready to climb was I, was I,

Back on the stool was I,

A handful of bags had I, had I

Grinning, with glee, was I.


With one sudden lurch I was up on my perch

Then *snap* on the back of my calf

I heard it, no, felt it? Whatever the case

My walking speed's slower by half


My boss wasn't worried not he, not he,

No tendon was torn said he,

But stay home a week will I, will I

And savour the peace will I. 


=======================

I was being productive.  My bag shelf was getting congested. I wanted to sell and/or donate a few of the ones I didn't love, so I got them all out and posted the photos on my group chats. Saturday seems a good day for such endeavours as I managed to clear out a lot of the ones that I had earmarked for said exercise. 

Extremely pleased with myself, I gathered the rest and prepared to get back up on my stool, happy that what remained were the pieces I truly wanted to keep, and that they didn't number so many that I'd end up double-rowing. This means I would now be able to see ALL of my bags at a glance instead of rummaging about to see what's BEHIND the front row. 

Only, when I lunged up onto the stool I heard a snap and felt something hit the back of my leg. It gave me a fright, to be honest. And then I felt the most crampy cramp in my calf. You know those ones that you get in the middle of the night that wake you up in a sweat and you find your foot or toes pointing in some weird position caused by a muscle spasm? Yea... that's what it felt like.

Yesterday I learnt about tennis leg : "Tennis leg is a painful tear in the inner calf muscle (usually the medial gastrocnemius). It often happens during quick movements like sudden stops, sprints, or changes of direction. People usually feel a sharp "pop" in the lower leg, like being struck or shot."

I am currently hobbling about with mum's walking stick. At least the week off will give me some reprieve from dealing with the brat at work. That's what she's proving to be - immature and defensive and a right child. I have no time for this bullshit. HR hasn't gotten back to me about any of the issues I raised previously either. And my boss is being obtuse and ignoring all the bad juju that he surely must be feeling by now. Anyway.... The job hunt continues. And I've never been happier to be stuck at home! 


That's the blue stool in the background. 
And my leg with a sleeve round it holding an icepack against my calf.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Fondles, oh no! Sorry to hear about the injury.Hadn't heard of tennis leg before. Ouch! On the plus side, you managed to sort out your bag collection :)

    Wishing you a speedy recovery. Take it easy and rest the leg and enjoy the reprieve from work.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had so much time today to surf the web, look at the production schedules of TV series I'm following / watching but haven't been keeping up to date with... and just watching a bunch of episodes that I'd missed from previous seasons of my favourite shows!

      Delete
  2. Hope that gets better soon. Torn muscles are not much fun.

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm finding that out first hand now. At least I no longer need the walking stick to get around. But I *am* still hobbling.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a note. BIKSS and I absolutely love reading what people have to say. I may not reply immediately, but I WILL reply your comment - especially by the time I've written a new post.

NOTE THAT IDIOTIC / STUPID / ENTITLED COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

(Also, if you're writing a comment for the 1st time and you have your own blog, do leave a URL so I can go over and read your stuff too!)