No I don't mean jeans for my mother. They're for me. 'Mom Jeans' - that's what this style is called.
Been looking for something more relaxed, high waisted, casual and comfy. Not that my current pair isn't comfy. It's just, it's one of those stretchy fitted types. And sometimes I really just want to slouch in a pair of loose-fit jeans. I ended up ordering these - from Shein - if you go NOW they're having a CNY promo offering free standard shipping, no minimum purchase required.
At the time of writing this post there's 15 hours left to take advantage of it.
From the reviews I gather it's a thinner type denim so I'm hoping it will prove less problematic when the weather starts to heat up in a month or two.
Anyway, the buying of the jeans reminded me of a comment exchange on Prefectdt's blog - but since I am not in possession of such a fine ass, I shall go the "comfortable" route instead.
I also picked up some other things, one of which is a dress (the black one below) that costs something like USD$5.80.
*Smiles conspiratorially at Mrs Fever* Pssst... free shipping... now's the time if you wanna give Shein a try.
I suspect it might be a bit too short for work, but that's ok as I can just wear it as a tunic over my tights. I never seem to be able to find tops long enough to cover my crotch. And I definitely don't think one's crotch should be showing when one is wearing tights - especially to work!
The red dress is a bit of a splurge. It's about USD$12.50 - anything more than 10 bucks is a splurge to me - but I absolutely fell in love with the colour and the style, and simply had to have it.
So far they've managed to get my stuff to me within a week, so I shouldn't have to wait too long for these, I don't think.
Oh and on the topic of outfits - this was yesterday's CNY outfit (day 3) :
That was one of the Dorothy Perkins pieces from my animal print frenzy purchase. I was planning on wearing it to work today, as I only had it on for 2 hours yesterday, but decided in the morning that the print was a bit much. So I switched out the top for something simpler.
I wore a sleeveless shell and threw on a jacket blouse over it, which turned out to be a fabulous idea cos we spent the day having afternoon tea and roaming around the shops and the a/c got rather too cold at some points.
And *that* was our Valentine's Day Tea. Today. (Cos it was all Chinese New Year this and Chinese New Year that and no one really remembered Valentine's Day at all!)
My mood pic today ~





I like all your clothing selections - I'm trying to think when I last bought something. Not have to start the new school year anymore, I've missed my 'new school clothes' for several years now. And then of course there is the not going anywhere thing too. The food looks great. I admit being an extremely picky eater, many of your food shots to not entice me, but I like the looks of this!
ReplyDeleteI have the 'opportunity' to still go out to work everyday so getting some new clothes (especially at really good prices) isn't too much of an extravagance.
DeleteAh, we tend to be quite adventurous with food, try everything once you know? And in any case, we grew up on Asian AND Western food, which I imagine may not be the case for you?
We're thinking of trying a new Mediterranean place we came upon earlier today.
The tea and scones *were* very good today.
Super cute dresses! That last one is my favorite shade of red. I'm debating ordering something similar for myself; I like the knotted bottom on yours though -- enough 'different' to be a step away from "basic."
ReplyDeleteTea and scones sounds like a yummy sweet Valentine's date too. And if you can't finish that last scone, I can probably help you out. 😋
Yes i totally love that twisted hem! And so true about that slight difference making it enough to be not just a basic bodycon piece.
DeleteHaha that last scone is ALL GONE! Had it for breakfast :)
Hi Fondles,
ReplyDeleteLove all the purchases, and wow at the prices. Your Valentine's after tea looked so yummy!
Hugs
Roz
We both agree that it's probably the best afternoon teas we've had. It is very likely I will be wanting to go back there again soon!
Delete