23 February 2018

FFF 4

As predicted, this last week didn't go so well. Thank you, Flu.

Number of exercise days - 0 of 4
Number of 10k days - 3 of 5
Highest no of steps in a day -12,211

Ah well. I'm still nursing the tail end of a night cough, thank you post nasal drip.

I'm doing what I can to stay hydrated, and I've given in to taking some stronger cough syrup so I'll at least be able to sleep thru the night.

Things are not great here in Fondlesville.

Meanwhile, here are some links for you to read - the topic : Exercising and Being Sick.

Should you? It depends on where the symptoms are- above or below the neck

They're above the neck. What Exercise can I do safely?

So is it an allergy? Or do I have an infection?

Getting past the all-night coughing fits

That's all from me for this edition of FFF. Which right now stands for "Flu for Friday" for me...


28 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you're feeling bad! Take care of yourself and get well soon! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lingering cough seems to be getting better so i’m hopeful that by next week i can get back to exercising!

      Delete
  2. Oh dear Fondles you poor girl. Take care, eat chicken noodle soup and drink pineapple juice. Hope you feel better quickly. Sending positive healing vibes your way.
    Hugs Lindy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im a lot better now than when i wrote this post a few days ago so things are definitely looking up!

      Delete
  3. Hi Fondles,

    Sorry you have been under the weather and glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. You have done well getting the steps in.

    I am down a day with the walking and a day with the exercises. For some reason I have also struggled a bit with the exercises so haven't quite managed the usual number each day.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This week wasnt much better altho i did just come back from an hour’s walking. So thats good.

      Delete
  4. Glad you're feeling better, Fondles. Maybe all that work last week left your immune system drained.
    What Lindy said, although for me it would be OJ.
    Hugs,
    Jlynne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah i think so too. Usually when i get the flu i sleeeeep. This time round i couldnt cos of the cny prep. Grrr.

      Delete
  5. AWWW..so sorry to read this..take good care of yourself...and start again..slowly...hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Abby! I HATE HATE HATE not being my most get-go and ready-for-anything self. But I suppose this will teach me that I shouldn't just assume I'll be at my peak ALL THE TIME and when I'm down I just gotta accept that some things will have to give. I'm starting again today... did an hour's walking and I'm feeling TIRED - but accomplished!

      Delete
  6. Take care. Hope you are up and running soon.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After two weeks of this wretched virus i hope so too. Im feeling much better today. (Post was scheduled some days ago..)

      Delete
  7. Not the best way to start the new year, but it sounds like you've bounced back. So the worst is behind you. Good things from here on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! It seems so too. But despite the ahems i did have a great cny weekend!

      Delete
  8. So sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. This flu season has been mighty awful. As a Jewish mama I always tell people - chicken soup - I don't know how that got started but I swear it has medicinal properties!
    My FFF4 on Weight Watchers has been good but definitely slowed down. Still, as long as the scale is heading down I'm ok with it. I probably need to drink more water and definitely need to exercise more. Blah. My husband knows my love for putting on my pjs as early as possible so he worked it in to help motivate me to exercise. If I exercise, I don't have to "ask' to put them on. Lol! As he is not particularly HOHy (we are slowly moving in the TTWD world) I was pretty surprised. Have to say, it is quite motivating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Chinese actually believe that chicken will irritate the throat and make one's cough worse. I'm not sure I believe it, but I've been conditioned not to have any chicken when I'm hacking... altho I did at the tail end of this flu. That pajama thing sounds like he knows you well - enough to know what will work as a carrot anyway!

      Delete
    2. Interesting how cultures vary, isn't it? Do hope you're feeling better today!

      Delete
    3. Yup. I think they believe chicken is “heaty” or “yang” and will make a flu worse. I have links to this TCM business in my FFF recap :) and yes i AM feeling better, thanks!

      Delete
  9. Sending you all the healing vibes, Fondles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It must be working cos I'm feeling heaps better!

      Delete
  10. Glad you’re feeling better. Don’t go too mad to catch up though, you don’t need a relapse!
    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good tip. Thanks for the reminder. I do tend to overdo things to compensate.

      Delete
  11. Hi Fondles,
    I am glad to hear that the creeping crud is fleeing and you are slowly getting better. I swear by chicken soup but I guess in reality any fluid intake is good. Any rest; as much as you can!!!!
    I don't know why but exercise this week went out the window. No sessions on the bike or equipment and only 1 doggie walk to the beach and back...about 5 kms.

    Still on the fast diet and weight loss seems to be holding; down 3 kgs from starting weight. Only 5 more to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good that the fasting is working. But it does seem like quite a number of us have been low on the exercise this round. We’ll pick up next week!

      Delete
  12. Hope you're feeling better, Fondles! Yeah, it sucks to have the flu. It's draining! Rest up and take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah as my doctor says- if you seldom get the flu it probably means when you do get it it’ll be a particularly “strong” strain. I AM feeling better so that’s good!

      Delete
  13. Oh, I so hope you start healing soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes yes. I am almost back to 100% full health. A few more days and all will be right as rain!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a note. BIKSS and I absolutely love reading what people have to say. I may not reply immediately, but I WILL reply your comment - especially by the time I've written a new post.

NOTE THAT IDIOTIC / STUPID / ENTITLED COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

(Also, if you're writing a comment for the 1st time and you have your own blog, do leave a URL so I can go over and read your stuff too!)