I was over at Ella's reading her
Chapter One Story and thought this LOL weekend might be a good time to think and reflect on mine, and how we moved over the years.
First off, you need to know that BIKSS and I are engaged in an illicit affair and if that offends your senses then this might not be the blog for you.
However, despite the possibility of being judged / scoffed at / disapproved of, I continue to write because life isn't nearly always neat and tidy.
When I started blogging I had many more blogland friends who were in non-traditional relationships.
Some were with their doms / subs because their husbands / wives were not giving them what they needed / wanted. Some, like me, just fell in love with the wrong guy / girl. Others were going through rough times and needed someone outside the marriage who could understand them and accept them for who they were without judgement. Whatever the reason, I felt like there were others like me. I wasn't a total monster. And it was a lovely period in my blogging life.
I made some awesome friends - guys, girls, old, young, subs, doms, tops, bottoms. There were TTWD practitioners, DD believers, spankos and spankees. And I learnt more from blogging and commenting and visiting blogs than I could possibly ever from just reading "stock" literature.
Sadly, a lot of them are no longer active. Some have passed on. Others have given up the lifestyle. I am still glad to visit the blogs I have on my roll (to the right -->) but many of the writers are part of a bona-fide married relationship. And sometimes I feel like an imposter, so I don't comment too much. Which kinda makes me a semi-lurker too, I suppose.
But if you're still here reading this (and I do appreciate all my visitors!) and would like to take a little trip down memory lane with me, here is our Chapter One Story in brief (or as brief as I can make it).
========================================
BIKSS and I had been flirting with each other for decades. I've known him forever. We've always had a little soft spot for each other, but neither knew cos we never said anything. Until we were both way grown up and he had gotten married and had kids.
We continued being friends, and met regularly, if not often.
On my part, I had always been slightly enamoured of him. Even in his younger days he was what one might call "strapping". He had joined the military, and well, a man in uniform does a lot of things for this girl. He was well-spoken, had a wicked sense of humour and all that... and he understood me. He was always my "gay best friend" only he wasn't gay. He just wasn't available.
Anyway, after a particularly painful series of breakups (yes, two in the span of 2 years) I had gotten sick of it all. I was out partying, being wild, throwing caution to the wind. BIKSS would come with me when I went out on the town. Not every single time, but when he could.
It was his way of keeping an eye on me. He wasn't convinced that I knew what I was doing and he didn't want me ending up in a ditch or nothin'.
We had been talking about whether it was possible to reach across a woman and finger her in a particular stance, and one night while we were out boozing we found an opportunity to "
block the scene". A lot of alcohol and the shedding of inhibitions led to us making out in a deserted stairwell. That night, thanks to a blood-glucose situation I passed out and he took me home, shoved me into bed and let himself out.
2 nights later he came round to my place to see how I was doing, and something made me grab his hand and pull him into the bedroom. The rest is, well, this. (
CLICK HERE for the actual Story of BIKSS post from 2012.)
I left for a 4 day vacation with my folks the following day, during which time we texted back and forth and I sent him a link to a TiH (Taken in Hand - at the time this was the only TTWD-esque type of relationship I knew about) website telling him that that was the kind of relationship I was interested in. I'm glad we had the few days apart cos I don't think (like many who have shared their beginning stories) I could have said any of this to him IN PERSON. I would just die.Well, so I did all this sharing and unburdening from a different country.
And even then I knew of all the guys I had jumped into bed (and / or a relationship) with no one had my trust the way BIKSS did. Not enough that I would even entertain the idea of having such a relationship with them, let alone mention it to them.
BIKSS read everything I sent him. Asked me a million questions. Probed and dug and tried to understand what it was I was telling him. (We did continue the discussions in person when I got back. But at least the topic was already out there.) What if this happened? What about in this scenario? Let's say you did this and I did this, what then? There were so many conversations that followed - I'm certain the opening up of communication channels had already begun - we didn't have to begin the lifestyle to see how it could help two people communicate better.
Long story short, we went through a bunch of trials and errors. We talked about DD, TiH, punishment; discovered the term TTWD; we experimented with maintenance spankings, good girl spankings, sexy spankings; we tried various honorifics, set up some rules, dismantled them, decided on rituals, tweaked some, abandoned others; we read blogs and sites and articles.
Eventually we found out about DD/lg (
about a year later) and suddenly everything felt right. Calling him Daddy was the most natural thing in the world. I didn't have to "learn" it, or get used to it, or feel self-conscious about it. It rolls off my tongue as easily as "fuck" does. And trust me. I swear a lot. Like a sailor. He's a sailor. I swear more than he does. That's saying something.
Crap. That DOES say something. I digress.
Where was I?
Yes, there is a point. My point is, I don't have a neat relationship status that you can tie up with a bow and stick on the front porch. Most of my life isn't what one might call "standard" anyway. But whether you're part of a married couple (or an actual dating and out-there couple) , or in a weird (read:non traditional) relationship - love triangle, illicit affair, or are a mistress, two-timer, many-timer, serial adulterer (you get the gist...), we don't judge, and you're always welcome on my blog. And if you ever want to ask anything, I'd be happy to share my/our thoughts and experiences with you. (Emails are welcome too!)
So Happy LOL Day! If you've always wanted to leave a comment or drop an email (to any of the bloggers, that is, not just me) NOW'S THE TIME! And if you want to go back into hiding till next LOL day, that's fine too!
PS - The place where I live is a very small place. So BIKSS is very cautious about me mentioning it by name. However looking back I realise I have mentioned some notable places in my posts over the years, and I see from my graph that I get visitors from where-I-live. So here's a special invite to my fellow country-folk (if you live in the land with the spiky fruit concert venue and where we've been experiencing rail woes you'll know where I'm talking about) to drop me an email if you'd rather not leave a comment - trust me, I know about this place being TOO SMALL and wanting to protect your anonymity!
of all the days I'd get a bug to write again it was today. Hi old friend.
ReplyDeleteDon't feel like an imposter. Life takes us to strange places.
Gosh im jumping up and down right now. Its so good to "see" u again! Its a good day to get the bug :) are u back for a bit then?
DeleteI think so, yes. Blogland is a part of me I've neglected for too long.
DeleteLooking forward to it !
DeleteHI fondles, nice to read your story. Very different life to mine , it must be hard to have to share him. I think you are very brave. hugs
ReplyDeletelove Jan, xx
Sometimes I also think I'm very foolish. But the way my life is going, I really don't have a lot of space / time for a full time relationship. I know I have a lot on my plate and even with the part-time-ness of what we have I often feel like I need to squeeze him into my week.
DeleteI think he makes it easy to "share" him cos when I do need him he's splendid at "being there" if only by text. Words work wonders for me, and oh... this is a long reply. Maybe I'll just write a post!
Hi Fondles,
ReplyDeleteHaving been a reader here for some time now I was aware of your situation. I enjoyed reading how you got together.
It must be hard, getting quality time together etc but I can see the love you have for each other is real (for want of a better term). I also think it must be harder to maintain a ttwd relationship in your situation, not being in a full time relationship. The fact that you do shows commitment on both parts. I know I would find it hard to submit during times he is not there.
Hugs
Roz
Well when he's not around im my usual bratty self. No no just kidding. Its more about being his little girl in relation to him so its only during interactions with him (whether text or in person) that it comes to the fore. The rest of the time im in take charge mode - at work, with parents and doctors, with my students. It's not too difficult really. And i often will tell him by text if im in a frazzled or pissed off mood. He usually knows just the right thing to say to keep me sane! :)
DeleteAs you know we started all of this stuff at the same time and I guess my current relationship with Graeme is as out there as any can be. But what we do and how we do it isn't and so still lots in common. Please always comment (I know you do) and I will do so too. I Iurk plenty of other places though.
ReplyDeleteYes i remember! And i do read even tho i dont always comment :) thanks for coming round!
DeleteI saw your comment on my blog and then saw your blog (or what I assumed was your blog) listed on Hermione's. I admire your frankness and plan to take a more thorough look around. All the best!
ReplyDeleteThank u, i hope u enjoyed reading here. And thanks for popping by!
DeleteFollowed you here from a comment made on my favorite bloggers pages. Added you to my reading list!
ReplyDeleteThanks for coming over and thanks for the add! I'm hopping over to your space to return the favour. Hope to see you around and happy LOL days!
DeleteThank you!
DeleteHave also added you in a Follow (not)Friday post coming up soon! Look out for it :)
DeleteLove your story. It is something you can write a story about. I am happy that we are back in touch with each other and I have no idea where you live. Happy LOL day
ReplyDeleteIt's good to be back in blogland and to reconnect with everyone who's still here. I do miss some of the others... thank you for visiting here again.
DeleteAnd happy LOL days too!
(Asia somewhere)
I'm so glad you posted this! Having just returned to the blogosphere, it's difficult to get to know new-to-me writers who already have a language and backstory. So thank you! As for life situations, we all have them! I have about 3,762 skeletons in my closet. And then there's the life I live with the skeleton beneath my skin and I just do the best I can. And your skeleton seems to be doing A-OK as well. :-)
ReplyDeleteI know how hard it is trying to catch up on back stories when one finds a new blog. I thot this might be a good time to share some background since people would be visiting (i hoped). Thanks for your kind words - i do appreciate them.
DeleteHey Fondles...was aware of your situation with Bikss but nice to reread. All our relationships are/have been different in some way or another. If it works for you and Bikss, what right does anyone have to judge you.
ReplyDeleteHugs and blessings...Cat
hi Cat. Thank you for your words. Sometimes doubt creeps in but a little reassurance goes a long way!
DeleteHello Fondles,
ReplyDeleteLove your words.
Signed,
A returning reader.
Hello thanks for reading here and leaving a comment! Hope to see more of u!
DeleteYeah, the whole "happily married blogger" thing really does make me pause ... and have to push away the inner voice that's screaming, "UNWORTHY!!" So I get that, for sure.
ReplyDeleteThat doesn't stop me, however. Just slows me down at times. :-)
Great. U know what i'm saying then. Glad i found u.
Delete